The government recently announced that non-essential retail can reopen from 15th June 2020 (yay!), so that raises the question “when will the store reopen?”.
The answer is not the 15th, our plan is to reopen with reduced hours from Saturday 20th June.
Below is a list of questions about our plans around reopening:
What will the store hours be?
We plan to initially open on Saturdays and Sundays only from 10am to 4pm starting from 20th June, we’ll review this on a regular basis starting from July.
Will it be business as usual?
No, there will be a number of changes to ensure that we comply with all guidelines and ensure that you have a safe visit, the proposed changes are:
- Social Distancing – we’ve marked out 2m sections on the floor to assist people to keep apart
- Maximum Occupancy – the store will have an occupancy limit, this will be based on social distancing
- One Way System – we’ve added a one way system, it’s marked on the floor as you come in
- Cashless – if humanly possible we’re keen to avoid cash and would appreciate it if sales purchases can be done via card or contactless
- Enhanced Cleaning – we’ll be wiping down surfaces and cleaning the store more often than previously
- Sanitiser Station – as you come in there will be a sanitiser station, please make use of it
What about in store gaming?
Until further notice there will be no in store gaming, while social distancing is in place it’s difficult to imagine gaming in store coming back for the foreseeable future…. Obviously, we’ll keep an eye on guidance and see what other local stores are doing and base our plans on that.
Can I come in to hang out or to browse singles?
Unfortunately not, while we’d love to see all of you due to maximum occupancy limits and our endeavour to keep everyone safe we can’t have people just coming in to hang, ideally a visit to the store shouldn’t be any more than 20 minutes.
In relation to singles, they’ll be available but you won’t be able to sit/stand and browse the folders/boxes, if you’re after any singles please send us a message with what you’re after and we’ll dig them out.
The store seating area has also been placed out of bounds.
What about when the store isn’t open?
If we’re not open (and tbh even if we are) the best plan is to shop using the store website – www.langdengames.co.uk most of the stock is now on there and we’re adding more all the time. We have in store pick up, local delivery and postage options.
If you’d been a subscriber to our newsletter we’d have sent you a 5% discount code, to sign up to our newsletter click here: http://eepurl.com/c8nlhn.